About the Media & Society Foundation…
The MEDIA & SOCIETY FOUNDATION (FMS) is a not-for-profit organization founded in Geneva in 2002 by Guillaume Chenevière, Geneviève Morand CEO of Rezonance, Louis Balme and Walter Fust, the former director of the DDC. Since then, many prominent media professionals internationally recognized for their experience and commitment to press freedom joined it.
The Foundation is supported by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), in Bern.
President: Claude Torracinta, journalist, former Information Director of Swiss Television (TSR).
Vice-President: Gérald Sapey, International President of Reporters without Borders, former CEO of Tribune de Genève and of Radio Suisse Romande (French speaking national public service radio of Switzerland).
Click here to download the Media and Society Foundation Satutes (French)
- Thérèse Gastaut, former Director of the Strategic Communications Division of the United Nations Department of Public Information (DPI), part-time lecturer at Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas.
- Josefa Haas, Leiterin, Mediieninstitut, Schweizer Presse, vice-president of MAZ (Swiss school for journalism).
- Joelle Kuntz, Lead writer « Le Temps».
- Martine Lamunière, Edipresse.
- Alain Modoux, President of ORBICOM, the International Network of UNESCO Chairs in Communication (UQAM Montreal), former Assistant Director-General of UNESCO for Freedom of Expression, Democracy and Peace (Paris)
- Claude Monnier, columnist, former chief editor of "Le Journal de Genève" and "Le Temps stratégique".
- Antonio Riva, lawyer, chairman of the Swiss National Sound Archives, media consultant in Bosnia-Herzegovina and Kosovo, former CEO of the Swiss Broadcasting Corporation.
- Jean-Paul Rüttimann, former journalist at DRS, Swiss German public radio, professor at the University of Fribourg.
- Friedrich Sauerländer, member of the boards of Swissmetal, Scor Switzerland, former Managing Director Alusuisse, Eternit, SGS, André, Rolex Bienne.
- Dominique Von Burg, former redactor in chied of the Tribune de Genève, président of the Swiss Press Council.
- Vinzenz Wyss, professor of media sociology at the Institute of applied media sciences of the Zürcher Hochschule Winterthur, author of several publications about editorial quality management.